This is work in progress! I welcome recommendations of sites to check out.
Food and Cooking
- Epicurious is a great go-to for reliable recipes, ideas, and informed recipe comments and reviews.
- More Than We Eat features great recipes and commentary by a Portland friend.
The Great Outdoors
Local Interest (Portland and Northwest)
- Cascadia Wild is a wonderful little organization and a great source for learning outdoor skills and participating in outdoor activities.
- The Portland Fruit Tree Project has been the source of a lot of fruit, fun, and do-gooding all rolled into one.
- Portland Hiker’s Field Guide is a great online resource for Portlanders looking for places to go. Good hike descriptions and trip reports.