- March 20 – Spring begins!
- Mid-March: Overwintering kale comes back to life.
- End of March: Direct seed arugula, spinach, any other salad greens, peas.
- First week in April: there’s time after work for a quick hike! On a clear day, the tail end of hikeable light ended about 8 o’clock in 2013.
- Mid to late April: it’s rhubarb season!
- April through Early June is a great time to head east and check out the beautiful early greens on the dry side of the Northwest. Stay low, though — still lots of snow at higher elevations.
- June 21 – Spring ends!